Step 1 – Download
The latest version is 0.91. Download WinMTR now!
Step 2 – Installation
You will get a .zip archive containing two folders WinMTR-32 and WinMTR-64.
Both contain two files: WinMTR.exe and README.TXT.
Just extract the WinMTR.exe for your platform (32 or 64 bit) and click to run it.
If you don’t know what version you need, just click on both files and see which one works ;-)
As you can see, WinMTR requires no other installation effort.
Trick: You can copy the WinMTR.exe file in Windows/System32 so it’s accessible via the command line – cmd!
Step 3 – Usage
- Start WinMTR.
- Write the name or IP of the host (e.g. google.com)
- Press the Options button to configure ping size, maximum hops and ping interval (the defaults are OK).
- Push the Start button and wait.
- Copy or export the results in text or HTML format. Useful if you want to document or file a complaint with your ISP.
- Click on Clear History to remove the hosts you have previously traced.