The verification process attempts to keep Teliax and our customers safe from fraud by requiring payments made with new cards to be positively identified by the account holder.
You can check the verification status of your credit cards on the Payments page. Any unverified card will be labeled as "Unverified."
Here's how to add and verify a new credit card:
1. Log in to your Dashboard account.
2. From the Management menu, select Payments.
3. Click "+ New" to add a new card.
4. Enter your credit card details. These are securely stored, so you can't edit the account number later. Click Create when you're done.
5. After adding the new card, it will be unverified. You'll need to make a payment and verify the card.
6. Check your bank statement for the charge amount. The amount will be a few cents more than your payment amount.
7. Back on the Dashboard, edit the credit card by clicking the small green button on the entry.
8. In the Verification Charge field, enter the amount of the payment without the dollar sign. For example, 10.12.
9. Click "Update." If the verification amount was correct, the full payment including verification amount will be loaded to the account and the card will be available for use.
Please note the following:
- All charges are in US dollars.
- Payments are not made automatically when you add a new card - they must be made manually.
- You can also enter the verification amount on the Payments page or the Billing > Payment details page.
- If a payment is declined but still shows up on your statement you can verify with that amount but you will still need to correct whatever caused the payment to be declined before the payment will be loaded on to the account.
- Every card added to the Dashboard is considered unique. This means that even if you've added the same physical card before, the Dashboard will not recognize it as such and will require it to be verified. You can update your billing address or card expiration date on the Payments page.